As an avid marathon runner, daily fitness guy and enhanced lifestyle person I wanted to share a few points about juicing.
Peel away the status quo and move to the beat of a more vibrant life.
There are three main reasons why you will want to consider incorporating Peeled Juice into your optimal health program:
1. Absorbing all the nutrients from the vegetables. Most of us have impaired digestion from making less-than-optimal food choices over many years. This limits your body’s ability to absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. A variety of juices will help to “pre-digest” vegetables and fruits for you, so you will receive most of the nutrition, rather than having it go down the toilet.
2. Consuming a healthier amount of vegetables in an efficient manner can assure you of recommended portions of six to eight servings of vegetables and fruits per day. While very few of us actually get that. Processing your produces is an easy way to virtually guarantee that you will reach your daily target for vegetables.
3. Using a wider variety of vegetables in your diet. Through our normal daily food consumption, we can eat the same vegetable salads or side dishes every day. This limits the ultra benefit from consuming a wide array of vegetables and fruits, ensuring a superb balance of nutrition.
What do I need?
Answer: A juicer.
1. You need a juicer.
2. Not a blender.
3. No, not even a nutribullet.
4. To drink it, even if you don’t like celery.
Why can’t I use a blender?
Answer: Because it’s not a juicer.
Don’t worry, you’re not stupid, this is just part of the learning process. Let us help:
Juicers make juice. Blenders make smoothies. A smoothie isn’t juice.
Some vrecipes are made with juicers in mind. If a recipe tastes great juiced, it may come out gross or have a weird texture to it when blended. If you don’t have a juicer and still really want to do this, you can Google “juicing with a blender” for a possible way to do it. The ninja/nutribullet/vitamix and similar blenders don’t juice, they make smoothies. I don’t care what your grandma told you, it’s still a blender. There’s no amount of blending that will make it a juicer.
Is this a juice fast/cleanse?
The challenge is to drink at least one glass of juice a day. This shouldn’t be followed as a fast/cleanse. You’ll probably die.
Should I eat too or is this just juice?
You need to eat. You can’t just have 32oz of juice every day for 30 days. Eat like a normal human being. Don’t just eat 1 meal and drink 32oz of juice either, that’s not what this is about, and you’re going to screw up your metabolism doing that.
I recommend a site like PeeledJuice, which I use for getting my juices in batches.